How to Sell NFTs From Your Shopify Store
Many people might have thought that non-fungible tokens (NFTs) were a fad, but the global NFTs market, expected to reach a value of USD 122.43 billion, has a CAGR of 34.10% from 2022 to 2028. From mainstream influencers to furniture merchants to gamers to art fanatics, a new NFT community is forming—and it’s catching users' eyes from multiple backgrounds.
In 2021, Shopify allowed its users to sell NFTs through its seamless end-to-end e-commerce platform. And now, since anyone with the Venly-Shopify app can create an NFT and sell it for value, the process has garnered increased attention from digital creators and collectors for all the right reasons.
You don't need technical skills to sell NFTs
The Venly-Shopify app is here to make NFTs accessible for merchants that like plug-and-play solutions but are not tech savvy.
Business owners and artists, or those that want to be, can upload JPEGs and GIFs to create their NFTs with Venly’s user-friendly interface by integrating the Venly app with their Shopify stores. Merchants can reach a mainstream audience as customers don't require a blockchain wallet—NFTs are sent to their email addresses, where a blockchain wallet awaits them.
What’s more, Shopify store owners can gain extra income through royalty fees on every secondary NFT transaction. This means they can earn up to 10% of every NFT re-sold via the Venly Market.
And the best part? Integrating with the Venly app means you're able to sell NFTs without having to worry about minting, distribution, or storage. We automatically mint your NFTs and create a wallet for the purchaser to receive them as soon as you sell an NFT in your store.
Want to know how the NFT selling process works on Shopify? Let’s dive in.
Follow these six easy steps to start selling NFTs in a matter of minutes
Once you install the Venly app in your Shopify account—which takes just a minute—and you’ve created your NFTs, you can begin to sell them in your store. When a customer purchases an NFT product, the checkout flow and payment process remain the same.
In the backend, Venly will mint your NFT and send it directly to the customer’s email provided during checkout. If that user doesn’t have a blockchain wallet yet, we will create a new one and link it to the confirmation email sent via an official Venly email address.
- Create the NFT: Merchants can configure NFTs in the Venly app integration, and when the listing is ready with the NFT, its price, and quantity, you can make your NFTs available as products. Anything you design from drawings to digital graphics, can become an NFT—as long as they follow the industry NFT standard and are unique.
- Display in the e-store: Merchants display products in their Shopify store for purchase.
- Automated minting: Venly automatically mints the NFT after the successful purchase. NFTs are minted on the Polygon, an Ethereum-based layer two (L2) side chain, protecting the proof of ownership and making the asset immune to modification and tampering.
- Wallet creation: Consumers automatically receive a blockchain wallet if they don’t have one, meaning every customer, existing or new to the NFT market, has the opportunity to buy your NFTs.
- Track sales: Under the ‘Orders’ tab in the app, merchants can find their orders and track the NFT minting and distribution status.
- Set exclusivities: Use Shopify to keep track of your inventory or set a max supply on the NFT, increasing desirability with limited edition designs.
One contract, multiple NFTs
NFTs can have various assets, names, and supplies, and no one NFT is the same—they can be as creative as you. With the Venly-Shopify app, Merchants have the ability to generate multiple NFT collections. Each collection is a smart contract, and each collection can contain multiple NFTs.
The link to view the smart contract can be found in the admin part of the app when browsing the collection you have built. You can share this link on your product page to prove the NFT lives on the blockchain. This way, your customer can find the contract within the NFT in your store.
Have a Shopify Store and want to start selling NFTs? 📈Apply here for our new Venly-Shopify NFT app.